Weather in Philadelphia
Map where is the city of Philadelphia
Accommodations we love in Philadelphia
[sc_featured_hotels city = ”philadelphia” offset = ”0 ″ max =” 1 ″]
[sc_featured_hotels city = ”philadelphia” offset = ”1 ″ max =” 1 ″]
[sc_featured_hotels city = ”philadelphia” offset = ”2 ″ max =” 1 ″]
Choose your dates and check out all the accommodations to find your favorite
Trip to Philadelphia (United States)
This metropolis is the largest in the state of Pennsylvania and the fifth most populous of United States. This great city is a great Cultural center y artistic, in addition to an important industrial port on the edge of the river Delaware extending to the Atlantic Ocean.
The powerful population of Philadelphia it was an old colony Englishwoman, in its moment it became the capital of the United States, giving way little by little to New York , and finally to Washington DC, the current capital of the country. This city is located northwest of United StatesInter whashington DC y NY.
Weather in Philadelphia
Philadelphia has a humid subcontinental climate. Summers are typically hot and humid, fall and spring are generally mild, and winter is cold. Snowfall is variable.
The average temperature for January is 0.17 ° C, although the minimums sometimes reach -12 ° C, not including the wind factor, and the maximums can rise above 10 ° C. July averages are around 25,6 ° C, although heat waves accompanied by high humidity are frequent, with temperatures above 35 ° C. Early fall and winter are generally drier; October is the driest month due to the average daily rainfall.
Discover the best hotels, bed and breakfasts, inns, inns and vacation rentals in Philadelphia
[sc_best_hotels city = ”philadelphia” offset = ”3 ″ max =” 3 ″]
[sc_best_hotels city = ”philadelphia” offset = ”6 ″ max =” 3 ″]
[sc_best_hotels city = ”philadelphia” offset = ”9 ″ max =” 3 ″]
What are you going to find in this article?
- 1 I'm leaving for a trip to Philadelphia (United States) in 2023
- 1.1 Search and find your stay according to the type of accommodation you need!
- 1.2 Accommodations we love in Philadelphia
- 1.3 Trip to Philadelphia (United States)
- 1.4 Weather in Philadelphia
- 1.5 Discover the best hotels, bed and breakfasts, inns, inns and vacation rentals in Philadelphia
- 1.6 How to get to Philadelphia
- 1.7 What to visit in Philadelphia?
- 1.8 How to get around Philadelphia?
- 1.9 Where to stay in Philadelphia?
How to get to Philadelphia
The AInternational Airport of Philadelphia, it's an airport that gives services to the entire region of Delaware, Pennsylvania, One more active from all over the United States, which receives direct flights from many regions of the world, including Canada, Caribbean, Latin America and Europe.
Said airport Philadelphia is located at 7 miles (11km) from the city of Philadelphia. This airport has very good connections with the outside, such as, for example, trains, buses, minibuses and taxis. Now we will talk about some of these in more detail.
The high speed train company Soulthrastren Pennsylvania Transport Authoritu (SEPTA) offers a service that connects the Philadelphia International Airport with 305th Street Station,located in the center of Philadelphia, the trip will last around 35 minutes and has a cost of $ 8.
From the airport there are many bus and minibus companies that go to Philadelphia among them, it should be noted, the line 37 bus Philadelphia whichoperates in the south of the city, 108 line communicates the airport with 69th Street Tranportation Center the cost of a train ticket is around $ 2,25.
Our recommendation is that use a good flight comparator to locate the flight that best suits your needs.
Flights to Philadelphia
What to visit in Philadelphia?
Presumably, once in such a beautiful city as it is philadelphia, they will decide to settle in their respective hotels but once there, What will they decide to do?We propose some of the best places to visit in this beautiful city.
- Historic Downtown Philadelphia: Philadelphia's historic center preserves a beautiful contrast between the buildings that spearheaded the nation's cry for freedom and that of a modern, commercial city. It is an area of tourist and cultural attraction full of museums, theater parks, and street vendors throughout the year, without a doubt a place not to be missed.
- El Philadelphia Museum of Art: The Philadelphia museum of Art is one of the largest art museums that you can visit in the city. There are true works of art in every corner of its corridors. As curious notes, the back stairs are the famous stairs from the movie Rocky, and we can find a statue of the character Rocky Balboa at the end of the stairs.
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge: The Benjamin Franklin Bridge unites Philadelphia with the rest of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, build in 1929, it was the longest suspension bridge in the world, since I remove the Ambassador Bridge of Detroit.
Benjamin Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia, United States - © Michael Mill - Fotolia.com
National Constitution Center: The National Constitution Center is a museum dedicated to the American Constitution in which you can also see a theatrical representation of what happened during the days of its writing.
- One & Two liberty place: The One & Two liberty place is the most characteristic skyscraper of the city, a whole brand of identity.
- Liberty bell: Liberty bell, is the most famous bell in the world, "I will proclaim freedom in all parts of all the earth to all the inhabitants of this" Who has not heard this famous phrase inscribed on this famous bell?
- Washington Square: Washington Square is a park located somewhat outside the tourist area of Philadelphia, it is a family park, spacious and comfortable with many benches and practical and beautiful to go for a walk or picnic.
- Rocky Steps: On the back steps of the Philadelphia museum of Art you will find a statue of the character Rocky Balboa, in memory of the movie, since the famous scene of the stairs was recorded on that staircase.
How to get around Philadelphia?
Philadelphia City Hall, United States - © Natalia Bratslavsky - Fotolia.com
Philadelphia It is a great city and we assume that you will want to move around it comfortably, so now we will mention a couple of transport systems that will help you during your stay in the city.
This great city is very well communicated both internally and with foreign populations, it has an immense network of Public transportation from metersup to several bus lines.
To begin with, we will mention a little about the bus lines that you can take. Bolt Bus is a company that connects N30th Street Station with Market Street Station The journey lasts around 15 minutes.
Philadelphia has an extensive network of Trains under the subsoil, these networks connect practically perfectly the whole city, it is a convenient and fast system that in a time frame of 10 to 35 minutes can place you in any area of the city.
Philadelphia like every great city of United States of America, has its own army of taxis That they will take you wherever you need it, in exchange for a sum of money greater than the trip by metro and train, is the most expensive transport system but also the more personal.
And of course, they have the option of rent a vehicleIt is a fairly good option, especially in case of having to leave the city, it is easy to access a car rental and its prices, of course, vary depending on the car make and model.
Where to stay in Philadelphia?
Philadelphia it's a good city in general on the subject of the accommodation, throughout it there is a good climate and a good atmosphere, although in the north of the city more nighttime disturbances usually occur, so if possible avoid going to the north of Philadelphia. For the rest, the South of the Market Street It is a very good area, very well connected, supplied with everything, close to the museums as well as the tourist area.
Little more needs to be said about this beautiful city, as advice in case of spending only a few days I recommend that you hospeden in hotels, they are a little more expensive, but the attention is much better, if instead you intend to spend a longer season or travel with friends, the rent an apartment It could be a good investment, since the rental prices are not very high.