Spanish citizens can visit Vietnam for both business and leisure, and situations such as visiting family or a friend, taking a training course, attending a wedding or sightseeing are fully valid options to enter the country as a tourist.
For stays of less than 15 days, it is not necessary to apply for a visa to Vietnam if you have Spanish nationality, as long as you only enter the country during that period. This exemption will be in effect until June 30, 2021.
However, it will be necessary to apply for a visa for stays longer than 15 days or if more than one entry into the country is to be made. Without a visa, 30 days must elapse before re-entering.
The island of Phu Quoc has a special entry regime that allows Spanish citizens to stay on the island for up to 30 days without prior permission, but this exemption is not extendable to the rest of the Vietnamese territory.
Apply for a visa for Vietnam
If you are going to be in the country for more than 15 days or you want to enter Vietnamese territory more than once, you need to get a visa to travel to Vietnam.
Before, the usual thing was to obtain authorization on arrival, but currently the procedure can be done online and the new system simplifies the process, since it avoids waiting queues and saves the cost of the sealing fee, which could be of $ 50.
For Spanish travelers, the price of apply for a visa for Vietnam It is € 39,95 per person and can be done in just 5 minutes.
Vietnam visa requirements
- The traveler cannot be in Vietnam when applying for the visa.
- It is necessary to have a valid passport for at least 30 days after the expiration of the visa. It is important to note that the valid date is the one indicated by the authorization, not the date on which you plan to leave the country.
- Accommodation must have already been reserved (it is valid with a reservation, although later the tourist stays in several establishments).
- You must know the cities through which you will enter and leave Vietnam. Access points to the country are limited to the 8 main airports, 16 land border crossings and 9 sea ports. The entry and exit points can be the same or different.
- The tourist visa will not exceed 3 months in any case.
- There must be no expulsion order from Vietnam in the last 3 years.
We recommend you visit this website to make sure that you meet all the visa requirements.
In addition, when entering the country:
- Passport and printed version of visa must be delivered.
- You should not suffer any psychological problem that could be a threat to the environment.
- You must not have any contagious disease.
When planning your trip, do not hesitate to read carefully the government recommendations for visiting Vietnam and remember not to miss any of the most important tourist attractions in the country, including Ha-Long Bay, with more than 1.600 islets, the mountains of Sapa, which are a pleasure to behold with their terraces planted with rice , or the Ban Gioc waterfalls, which create amazing curtains of water.
And among the most famous cities in Vietnam are its capital, Hanoi, as well as Hoi An and Hue, which have been declared World Heritage Sites. Get your visa as soon as possible, and enjoy this spectacular country!