Spanish citizens can visit Vietnam for both business and leisure, and situations such as visiting family or a friend, conducting a training course, attending a wedding or sightseeing are totally valid options to enter the country as a tourist.
For stays of less than 15 days it is not necessary to apply for a visa to Vietnam if you have Spanish nationality, as long as only one entry is made in the country during that period. This exemption will be valid until June 30, 2021.
However, it will be necessary to apply for a visa for stays longer than 15 days or if more than one entry is going to be made in the country. Without a visa, 30 days must pass before re-entering.
The island of Phu Quoc has a special entry regime that allows Spanish citizens to remain on the island for up to 30 days without prior permission, but this exemption is not extendable to the rest of Vietnamese territory.
Apply for a visa for Vietnam
If you are going to be in the country for more than 15 days or you want to enter Vietnamese territory more than once, it is necessary to obtain a visa to travel to Vietnam.
Before, it was usual to get authorization on arrival, but currently the online procedure can be done and the new system simplifies the process, as it avoids waiting lines and saves the cost of the sealing fee, which could be $ 50
For Spanish travelers, the price of apply for a visa for Vietnam It is € 39,95 per person and can be done in just 5 minutes.
Vietnam visa requirements
- The traveler cannot be in Vietnam when applying for a visa.
- It is necessary to have a valid passport for at least 30 days after the visa expires. It is important to keep in mind that the valid date is the one indicated by the authorization, not the date on which it is planned to leave the country.
- Must have already booked accommodation (voucher with a reservation, although later the tourist stays in several establishments).
- You must know the cities through which you will enter and leave Vietnam. The access points to the country are limited to the 8 main airports, 16 border crossings by land and 9 seaports. The entry and exit points may be the same or differ.
- The tourist visa will not exceed 3 months in any case.
- There should be no expulsion order from Vietnam in the last 3 years.
We recommend you visit this website to make sure you meet all the visa requirements.
In addition, at the time of entering the country:
- The passport and the printed version of the visa must be delivered.
- Do not suffer any psychological problem that could be a threat to the environment.
- You should not have any contagious disease.
When planning the trip, do not hesitate to carefully read the Government recommendations to visit Vietnam and remember not to miss any of the most important tourist attractions in the country, among which the Ha-Long Bay, with more than 1.600 islets, the mountains of Sapa, which are a pleasure to behold with its rice-planted terraces , or Ban Gioc Falls, which create amazing water curtains.
And among the most famous cities in Vietnam are its capital, Hanoi, as well as Hoi An and Hue, which have been declared a World Heritage Site. Get your visa as soon as possible, and enjoy this spectacular country!