Weather in Boston
Accommodations we love in Boston
Choose your dates and check out all the accommodations to find your favorite
Guide to the city of Boston (USA)
Boston It is the capital of Massachusets and one of the oldest cities in the U.S.A.. It is a great city with some of the best universities in the world including the famous Harvard College.
This city is a cultural core, a great center of superior teachings, it stands out in the environments of medicine, investigation, electronics, engineering, finance,technology or biotechnology, Among others.
Boston It is one of the cities with more history in the United States since it had a very active role during the US war of independence in the s. XIX with episodes as well known as the famous "Tea riot".
The city can surprise for its size, much smaller and compact than you can imagine due to its fame. That's why it's always said that Boston is the most European city in the United States, basically because you can go on foot or using public transport.
Discover the best hotels, bed and breakfasts, inns, inns and vacation rentals in Boston
This hotel, conveniently located in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts, at 4,4 km from Logan International Airport, offers accommodations with services and online entertainment platforms such as Netflix and Hulu.Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Boston TD GardenFrom 117 USD
7.5 VERY GOOD
Located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts, this hotel is across from the North Station tube station and the TD Garden stadium.Inn at St. BotolphFrom 122.1 USD
This inn is located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood of Boston, one block from the Prudential Center stores and the subway station. All suites have a kitchenette and an 42-inch flat-screen TV. The Inn at St.
This inn is located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood of Boston, one block from the Prudential Center stores and the subway station. All suites have a kitchenette and an 42-inch flat-screen TV. The Inn at St.XV Beacon HotelFrom 395 USD
This luxurious boutique hotel is elegant and sophisticated, located on the top of Beacon Hill, in the historic center of Boston, within walking distance of the main attractions. The hotel offers very modern services and amenities.W BostonFrom 179 USD
This 4 star hotel is located less than 5 minutes walk from Boston Common. It has a restaurant, concierge service and rooms with an 37-inch flat-screen TV.
This hotel is located in the vicinity of downtown Boston, 9 km from Logan International Airport, and offers free hot breakfast and non-smoking rooms.Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by HiltonFrom 134.1 USD
This elegant hotel is located in the historic Ames building in downtown Boston, just 2,8 km from the famous Back Bay area. It has a fitness center available for 24 hours and offers free WiFi throughout the property.Newbury Guest HouseFrom 119 USD
This historic property is located in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston, just a few minutes' walk from the Hynes Convention Center and several shops on Newbury Street. It offers free WiFi and 2 hours reception.
What are you going to find in this article?
- 1 I'm leaving for a trip to Boston (United States) in 2019
- 1.1 Search and find your stay according to the type of accommodation you need!
- 1.2 Accommodations we love in Boston
- 1.3 Guide to the city of Boston (USA)
- 1.4 Discover the best hotels, bed and breakfasts, inns, inns and vacation rentals in Boston
- 1.5 How can I get to the city of Boston?
- 1.6 How to move around the city of Boston
- 1.7 What are the best areas to stay in Boston?
- 1.8 What to do in Boston?
How can I get to the city of Boston?
If you plan to arrive from Europe but also Boston, the most recommended option is to travel by plane. Boston It is very well connected, but the best system to reach is from the Logan International Airport, el Boston Logan International Airport, is one of the most important U.S.A.. It is located in the metropolitan area of Boston, Massachusetts, in fact to be more precise in the East Boston neighborhood and serves the entire "New England" region.
Our recommendation is that use a good flight comparator to locate the flight that best suits your needs, here we leave one to facilitate the work of looking for.
How can we move from Logan International Airport
Once in the Logan International Airport, it's easy to get to Boston, because it has many transportation options to get to the city, includingutobuses, metro, sea buses "water shuttle" and taxis.
Un free bus, Massport, makes stops at each terminal of the airport and at the station Metro. This offers service to different points of the city of Boston. Their blue line of the subway goes to the center.
In addition there are several bus lines that connect the airport with several sites Boston and localities of the surroundings as Braintree, Framingham, Peabody and Woburn. The 448, 459 and CT3 buses they go to different points of the area of Boston. The stops of taxis they are in all the terminals and the 24 hours work.
How to move around the city of Boston
El public transportation It is the most fast, safe y cheap to move around this city. The Massachusetts Bay Transport Authority (MBTA), the company in charge of metro network, currently operates four lines: blue, green, red and orange. They all start from Park Street Station, which is located northwest of the corner of Boston Common, or the so-called "T", Which is the name with which the subway is popularly known. This transport network began operating at 1897, thus becoming the oldest in the United States.
Regardless of the subway, the MBTA not only manages this one but also the train operator, which has 13 interurban lines, in addition to three services ship y Ruta 185 de buses. But the cheapest option is the latter, the public buses, which as an advantage also consists of more stops than the metro but it is more difficult to orient oneself since there is not a wide availability of maps, as it is in the case of the metro. Even so, they can be slow given the traffic but are better trained for people with reduced mobility.
As a curiosity, Boston available water taxis. They are a way Attractive, striking e interesting to know the city. They are operative during all year and as much as an interurban as regular service, it is also possible to link with the Logan airport. The operators of these services are City Water Taxi y Harbor Express.
On the ground, the bicycle rental if you are one of those who tend to pedal, because the streets of Boston are not an activity for those who are not accustomed given the dangerousness of roads and so variable climate. Boston available cycle paths for a walk along the Charles River. One of the companies that offers this service is Back Bay Bicycles.
What are the best areas to stay in Boston?
The neighborhoods of Boston
Once we have clear as to move by Boston and the most interesting trips are the most important step, choosing where to stay. This population consists of two zones that concentrate the whole atmosphere and the hotel offer: Downtown, or old Boston as others name it, or the neighborhood of Back Bay, located just below Downtown along the Charles River.
If you plan to visit the city, it is best to stay near a metro station and also visit both neighborhoods. Depending on if you are a fan of the Red Sox or if it's more than making a quick tourist visit to enjoy a walk you will choose Back Bay o Downtown respectively.
Boston It offers an impressive variety of hotels and those that directly overlook the parks are the most sought after. Back Bay It is an attraction for tourists because it is an area of luxury boutique shops and a large business center. The rich neighborhood is the one called Beacon Hill with a very picturesque atmosphere of romantic postcard.
History buffs can not forget the area Waterfront center being a short distance along the path of freedom. While the very first sea line is occupied by the most luxurious hotels, the old Italian neighborhood North End offers some of the cheapest accommodation opportunities being equally a paradise for gourmet restaurants.
Keep in mind that the neighborhood Chinatown from this city it's not dangerous at allsince it is a city in particular quiet and we advise that, given the small center that you have, you should look for a lodging on the outskirts and travel by metro as it is fast and cheap.
As a summary of the recommendations we propose Cambridge as one of the most interesting, another advisable neighborhood is the South End, elegant and French style considered as the Gay neighborhood. If you prefer the center we Brookline and it's an area really quiet, finally we have the North End Being the Italian neighborhood in front of port.
What to do in Boston?
Once in the city and when they have settled, most likely they want to visit her and get to know her a little more. TOWe are going to explain to you a bit the tourist attractions that are currently available to be able to enjoy this Wonderful city:
- European architecture - Boston is a city with beautiful architecture, based on classic British architecture, the simple fact of walking through its streets is a reason enough to want to visit.
- North End Market, Little Italy - Little Italy is the first residential area of Boston, also as a curious fact is where the first Italian neighborhood in the United States was formed. Here the culinary culture is exquisite, you will feel that you have been transported to the Italian peninsula to taste the best pastas, wines and dishes of the Mediterranean.
- Cambridge and Harvard Square - On the other side of the Charles River is Cambridge, known as the "City of the Squares", multicultural headquarters of the first and most outstanding house of higher studies in the United States, Harvard University. University life here is lively, especially in Harvard Square, the heart of the University, where you can find everything from cafes and restaurants, to exotic bookstores with unimaginable copies. Central Square and Inman Square are highly recommended to visit, full of restaurants, ethnic cafes and shops.
- Museum of Fine Arts - He Museum of Fine Arts It has a large collection of Egyptian art, works of French impressionism. Has the cLargest selectionof art Japanese outside of Japanese territory. On Wednesdays the Admission is free after the 4: 00 pm.
- Isabella Stuart Gardne Museum - He Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum It is a museum with a large collection of works of art and a very intimate atmosphere. Here you can find works of great authors like Matisse, Vermeer and Rembrandt, and Italian Renaissance paintings, among others.
- Boston Public Library - The LBoston Public School it is an invaluable jewel of the Neo-Renaissance architecture, pioneer in public library systems that currently govern around the world, with exhibitions and exhibitions throughout the year.
- Institute of Contemporary Art - He Institute of Contemporary Art must be in your itinerary if you like to appreciate the new expressive proposals.
- African American History Museum - The Museum of African-American History is of utmost importance, as it was in Boston the first place where ahe paid for slavery.
- Museum of Science - He Museum of Science will surprise you with the great variety of experiments, discoveries and inventions that are shown inside, remember that it was in Boston where was the raI laser and the atomic bomb.