Good data for tourism in Mexico

Throughout the third quarter of this year, business hotels have the highest growth in Mexico. Of the 20.000 rooms that were delivered, More than 17.000 were integrated into the market this year. An 86% of this amount corresponds to this area, and the remaining 14% to large tourism.

They are data of an analysis made by an important real estate consultant, in which it is explained that for the rest of the year, tourism hotels will be delivered, which they will have a deferred opening towards the end of this year. In addition, for 2018 there are a series of scheduled openings that were originally planned for this year.

Hotels in Mexico
FirmBee / Pixabay

In the first half of this year, Mexico registered 23 million foreign visits, This is a historical brand that makes this country one of the main destinations worldwide. Business and convention trips have grown almost double over the last 10 years.

The hotel offer in Mexico is, without a doubt, the most diverse. Travelers can enjoy exclusive resorts like the Punta Serena HotelInn 5 stars for adults located on the beachfront, in the bay of Tenacatita. A dream environment where you can spend a few unforgettable days.

The spectacular launch of the 5 stars offer

Hotel, Mexico
Hotel, Mexico jarmoluk / Pixabay

In fact, 5 star hotel offer has grown by 79% over the last decade and in the total accumulated. Only during the 2016 year, the most important tourist destinations obtained an average occupancy percentage of 60,3%.

In the same way it has been announced that medical tourism has stood out especially in the first half of the year. Which has been demonstrated by the announcement of private investments to attract visits to said sector.

Mexico is the second world destination for medical tourism

Hotel, Mexico
Hotel, Mexico Mariamichelle / Pixabay

Mexico ranks second as a medical tourism destination worldwide, with just over one million patients a year, who come mainly from three states of the United States, which are California, Arizona and Texas. Which is because the cost of treatments in Mexico can be even cheaper 80% in some cases.

With respect to hotel occupancy, it should be noted that from January to August of this year, the 60,4% occupancy of hotel rooms in seventy Mexican tourist destinations was recorded. Specifically an average of 220.657 occupied rooms was recorded, which represents a growth of 3,8% compared to the same period in 2016.

In addition to all of the above, this economic activity generated more than four million jobs, which represents a growth of 3,6% compared to the same period in the previous year. This represents an increase of more than 138.000 jobs created. There has also been an annual growth of 3,3% in the growth figures of tourism GDP to 1T 2017, in relation to the same period of the previous year.

Rate this post

Leave a response

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.